We are looking to employ 15 vegetable pickers who are able to start work immediately in Baldivis, WA. This is not a seasonal position, but casual employment with job available all year round.
The pay rate is $25.80/hr. Overtime and public holiday rate are paid in accordance with Horticulture Award, Casual, Level 1.
No experience required, but previous vegetable harvesting experience will be an advantage.
Can sign off on 88 days for visa if required.
Accommodation and transport provided (at low cost)
• Harvests vegetables, such as cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, and sweet corn, by hand or using knife, according to method appropriate for type of vegetable: Ascertains picking assignment from supervisor and places work aids, such as buckets and tie wires, in assigned area.
• Picks vegetable from plant, pulls vegetable from plant or soil, or cuts vegetable from stem or root.
• Puts vegetables in container or lays bunches of vegetables along row for collection
• Carries containers or armloads of bunched vegetables to collection point.
• Loads vegetables on trucks or field conveyors.
• Weeding when necessary.
• Cleaning of equipment, farm machinery, working vehicles or other equipment as directed.
• Other farm and shed work as directed by Supervisors.
To apply for this job, you will need:
* valid visa to work in Australia
* be able to work 6 days a week, including weekends and public holidays
* be flexible with working hours
* be flexible with job assignment
* have good attention to detail
* have their own reliable transport and be physically fit.
If you are interested in applying please provide the following details in the message box in application form
Position you are applying for:
Do you need your second year visa?
How long do you want work for?
Do you have a vehicle?
Are you traveling with other people? If so please provide their details as above also.